Things are starting to sound more song-like and I can really appreciate that. In previous builds everything sounded more like an experiment or a demo. Now I have something more akin to an experimental song.
I am finding it more and more difficult to separate my music from what I am doing with the instrument. I guess they are going to be presented/performed together for now.
Sometime soon I would like to do a long series of remixes and see how how diverse I can these interpretations of a single song. It would be really cool to explode a song into hundreds of different non-linear interpretations.
Many additions in this build:
- 3D sound visuals for the texture of the sound.
- Switching between song segments with controller (old Kaoss pad in front of screen) and no I am not using Live (yet)
- Random color when new sound is selected
- Integration of the joystick array (my Costa Rica project 2007.12.28)
- Real-time effect controls (distortion, bitcrush, delay/feedback, timestretch FX)
- Zoom and rate control of the sound
- One shot effects on USB keypad next to the controller
I have not been able to take the time and create a comprehensive description of the things that I am doing here but I will eventually get to that. I realize a lot of people will look at this project and have no idea what is going on. For the moment I just want to stay motivated and keep pushing things. In the next few months I will be working on some proposals that will require me to sit down and
All of the seriously cool titles that are used to describe things like sound waves, touch and storms are taken. If anyone who is reading this has a good title for this project please suggest.
I have a new projection film! This is great stuff… Digiline Contrast and still worth it after 100 euro shipping charges. The image is hugely improved. If you look at the older videos they seriously look crappy compared to the new and improved screen.